A Financial Controller vacancy has arisen to join an expanding FMCG operation located in East Scotland, to develop weekly and periodic accounting, reporting and control activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and develop in conjunction with site management KPI's for the business.
- Develop and produce weekly reporting package and variance analysis accurately and within agreed deadlines.
- Actively participate in and question the standard setting for new and existing product costings including review of existing production methods, processes and procedures.
- Prepare monthly P&L's for the site including, C.O.S report and analysis of sales volume, price and mix variances compared to budget and forecast and reconcile to weekly reports.
- Track and manage key cost components including ingredients, packaging, labour, overheads and inventory.
- Actively participate and manage the forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Support ongoing business needs of site management team and operate as a member of the Management team.
- Review and be the gatekeeper for Capex approval.
- Pursuit and review of Grant opportunities.
Skills and Abilities
- Degree Qualified & Part or Full qualified CIMA
- Experience within the FMCG & Food environments
- P&L accounting and reporting experience including variance analysis.
- Good spreadsheet skills.
- Experience working with or implementing ERP systems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- To act as a pro-active and hands-on member of the Management Team to improve the site through detailed analysis and a “go, look, see” attitude to problem solving.
What’s on offer?
• A competitive salary
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV Simon Norris.