I am currently recruiting for a Hygiene manager on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- To ensure that all staff are trained and skilled in all aspects e.g. Health & Safety, First Aid, COSHH, Chemical Handling etc
- To ensure that staff are provided with the correct PPE and that it is worn at all times and maintained in good condition.
- To ensure that all hygiene activities including equipment and changes to process are covered by a Risk Assessment.
- To report all accidents, incidents and near misses and take appropriate action
- To ensure all factory equipment and environmental areas are cleaned, as scheduled and as per cleaning instructions, on a daily / weekly basis. This will include rotation of staff, as required, around areas / equipment.
- To ensure all documentation and records are completed and accurate.
- To ensure that hygiene verification inspections are undertaken, as per agreed format, to monitor hygiene levels and team performance, checking that all cleaning activities have been completed in full to the required standard, preventing risk of cross contamination and take appropriate corrective action if hygiene standards are not met.
- To review audit / inspection and environmental swabbing results on a regular basis and propose / agree corrective action as needed.
- To continuously improve the cleaning methods to drive micro results improvement using chemical, method, cleaning card development, equipment strip down etc
- To respond to all non-conformances, complaints etc as a matter of urgency, having completed a full investigation and establish root cause of the issue raised.
- To ensure that verification testing on concentration of diluted chemical i.e. titration tests are undertaken and recorded at the required frequency.
- Good computer and communication skills
- Knowledge of BRC Standard
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP and Allergen management
- Qualifications / Training in COSHH, Chemical handling, Food Hygiene and training in IOSH Working Safely would be preferable / advantageous
What’s on offer?
- My client are offering a competitive salary range of £25,000 - £30,000 working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
- Working a night shift of 12pm till 9am.
If the above role could be of interest please get in touch ASAP on 0131 226 5060 and send your most recent up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com