2 days left
- Contract Type
My client is a market leading FMCG Food Group. We are seeking a talented Quality professional to lead and motivate the team and to champion quality within the factory, as well as contribute to the strategic direction of the site.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the Quality function to ensure incoming materials and finished products meet customer and company requirements and standards. This involves providing data, technical advice / training and making sure lab activities perform effectively to ensure that analysis of samples is accurate.
- Ensure that members of the team have the correct training and skills mix to complete their roles effectively.
- Ensure CLAS is implemented in the correct format and is consistently monitored. Effectively deal with any deviations from the standard.
- Responsible for the factory analytical systems which involves managing Operator training and ensuring equipment is fit for use.
- Responsible for the analytical budget including consumables and ensuring traceability.
- Effective implementation of the isolation system.
- Maintain an effective library of production and raw material samples in order that representative samples are available for each product and each shift.
- Representing the QA department in the daily operational review and where required other reviews.
- Working with Operations to identify root cause for specific quality or food safety related issues.
- Degree / HNC qualified in in Food Science/Technology, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Proven QA experience within the Food Manufacturing sector.
- An understanding of Technical and QA systems, principles and requirements, including ISO standards.
- Line management experience with the ability to coach, mentor, support and develop teams.
- Good lab practices and sensory methods.
- Intermediate or Advanced Food Hygiene.
- An insatiable appetite for the very best – product, people and performance.
- Strong skills to identify root causes of problems and in setting plans to reduce or eliminate them.
- Sound judgement and decision making ability; highly proficient in organisation and planning.
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced production environment, with a high energy, proactive style.
- Key site, part of a large FMCG manufacturing company, committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Part of a market leading group.
- Excellent prospects for career advancement and development, both in this role and across the group.
- A highly attractive package reflects the importance and profile of this demanding yet rewarding role.
- Further career prospects within the group are excellent.
Expion: Our Technical & Quality recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and candidates throughout our history. Our in-depth knowledge of Technical & Quality recruitment across our core sectors enables us to provide advice based on experience and to give you the best access to client vacancies.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact Andrew Jagger, Associate Director Food & FMCG Division quoting job reference AJ 3496.
All CVs will be acknowledged.
Apply for Quality Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly