Section Supervisor - Food Manufacturing
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business is in excess of £200 million.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Drive hourly performance, ensuring key KPIs are met, closing gaps to standard
- Deliver product to food safety and customer standards in accordance with the ‘Production Plan’.
- Lead and engage the team to deliver production plan
- Ensure line is correctly manned with the correct number of operatives and skills
- Liaise with Engineering to ensure all process equipment is operational
- Dealing with all first stage Employee Relation issues, ensuring consistency in the application of the companies disciplinary, grievance and absence procedures (e.g. conducting return to work interviews, first stage warnings)
- Conduct annual appraisals with team and new starter reviews
- Drive the training and development of team, ensuring compliance to the training matrix
- Ensure team are well communicated, conducting weekly briefings with all
- Develop and review good working practices, (e.g. SOP’s)
- Operate using EDGE principles (lean manufacturing)
- Use problem solving techniques to understand the root cause of issues
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work within and lead a team
- Supervisory and development of people
- Process knowledge
- Health and safety awareness
- Thorough understanding of product safety principles e.g. HACCP
- Basic PC Skills
- Above standard verbal and written communication skills
- Process knowledge and experience
- Train the trainer
- Internal training: Allergens, Audits, CAYG, Basic Problem Solving, Communication, Teamwork
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Quantity and quality of work to achieve set KPI’s.
- Completion of ALL written records
- Development of team, processes and equipment
- Willingness to accept training
- Labour and efficiency hourly basis
For further information please check out our careers page