Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill’s Worksop plant is a production facility at the hub of the UK confectionary industry. As part of the Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate business, we produce (in bulk liquid form) a full range of milk and plain chocolate for various applications for customers in the confectionery, biscuit, bakery and dairy industries
This position provides support to the on-going improvement and management of the site’s FSQR function and supporting systems. The position holder will be the first point of contact for QC issues in the Worksop plant, monitor compliance to FSQR Policies and standards throughout the factory and lead and coordinate the internal audit program within both York and Worksop plants.
- Coordinate Worksop and York’s internal auditing program (schedule, training, review, follow-up)
- Review, maintain and improve the Quality, Safety and Environmental Control system to ensure compliance with FSQR policies, standards and customer requirements.
- Control of inbound certificates and production of outbound certificates linking with relevant internal and external contacts if required to ensure compliance
- Carry out Quality Control checks on site (e.g. metal, paperwork, glass/plastic)
- Monitor compliance with FSQR policies and standards
- Calibration of small factory equipment to schedule
- Investigate and address QC related issues in the factory with continuous improvement in mind
- Provide cover for the microbiological laboratory Quality Technician when required. Full training in the microbiological lab will be provided
- Prepare the FSQR and compliance reports for management
- Be involved in cross-functional and FSQR improvement projects including training
- Report any complaints
- Comply with EHS, hygiene, food safety and allergen rules
- This position is Monday- Friday, but occasional weekend work will be required. A premium overtime rate is paid for weekend work
- Proven experience of working within a quality role within a food manufacturing site
- Experience and knowledge of food safety and auditing systems e.g. HACCP, ISO22000 is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Proactive nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Team orientation and a collaborative working style
- Microsoft office knowledge: Excel, Outlook, Word
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.