We have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Manager to join the team at our site in Leeds. You will be responsible for leading nominated colleagues and managing all aspects of the manufacturing operation for your shift ensuring that agreed production plans are met and all manufacturing standards are adhered to.Package description
- During off peak periods (January to September) we operate Monday to Friday on a rotating days, afternoons and nights basis (5 x 8 hour shifts).
- During peak periods (October to December) we operate 7 days per week on a rotating days and nights basis (4 x 12 hour shifts).
- Average contracted hours across the year total 42 hours per week.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity at a forward thinking organisation, please submit your application by 30th September 2017.Main responsibilities
- Leading, co-ordinating and prioritising activity across a shift to deliver productivity and efficiency targets in line with the agreed production plan
- Ensuring the adherence of all food manufacturing safety and quality standards by all teams on shift safeguarding the delivery of great tasting, high quality food products
- Reviewing operational trends across the shift to identify and act upon opportunities that make sustainable improvements in quality, performance and profit
- Leading the ongoing development of the SHE culture, promoting adherence to manufacturing guidelines, accident investigation and audit recommendations to support and improve health and safety in the working environment
- Ensuring that strong communication and information flows are maintained within the operations team to ensure that immediate issues are resolved and ongoing items and trends are shared with the broader operations community
- Forecasting and controlling labour requirements, direct and indirect, to meet production programme requirements and customer expectations within budget
- Monitoring and reviewing team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives and developed to maximise their potential
It's critical that you have a good standard of education; excellent literacy and numerical skills, as well as being able to understand, communicate and report clearly in English.
We need someone with demonstrable analytical skills, with the ability to pull actionable insight from data.
You must have prior experience of leading a team and resource planning in a people intensive, manufacturing FMCG environment. You will need to have managed large numbers of people in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Accreditation
- HACCP Level 3 Qualification
- Green/Yellow Belt Six Sigma Certification
- Level 3 Health and Safety – IOSH
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn't stop at being the world's largest sandwich produce, we're looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.
Greencore Grocery Leeds is the UK's largest Own Brand supplier of frozen Toad in the Hole and Yorkshire Puddings. We supply major grocery retail multiples, food service, major frozen food manufacturers, wholesales, multiple caterers and high street chains and pub companies.