Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager
My client is an award winning food manufacturing business and we are looking for a Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager to lead, guide assist and give practical advice to the business on all aspects of HSE legislation.
The role should provide the expertise, knowledge and skills to generate and promote a positive Health, Safety and Environment culture and provide support to all levels of management and employees across the business/group whilst creating and managing a continuous improvement culture against Health, Safety and Environment performance and standards.
- We are looking for an experienced Health, Safety & Environment Manager from an FMCG manufacturing and logistics environment.
- You will be a graduate or graduate caliber with a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Ideally you will have experience of changing H&S culture within an FMCG business with experience of project management and implementing H&S initiatives.
- IOSH Membership.
- Ensure that all H & S and environment legislation is adhered and standard policies and best practices are adopted.
- Plan, implement, monitor and review the risk management, protective and preventative measures that are in place and recommend and manage any improvements.
- Work and support the businesses to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
- Lead the Risk assessment, and Work instruction process and advise and support how risks can be managed or reduced.
- Carry out regular site inspections and audits to check that all policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Lead and control in house and external training with Managers and employees for H & S and environment.
- Advise on safe installation of new equipment and processes and be involved in any major site projects.
- Lead the business on a range of specialist areas such as Fire regulations, working at heights, hazardous substances, noise, machinery guarding and occupational risk management.
- Manage accident and incident data, producing reports and graphs to identify trends and recommend and manage actions to reduce future risk.
- Co-ordinate and lead where necessary investigations of accidents, dangerous occurrences, hazards etc.
- Manage the business Fire management strategy, audits and plans including liaison with the local Fire authorities.
- Develop and manage departmental KPI’s and measures to demonstrate targets and improvements in measures such as Lost time accidents, RIDDOR’s, number of incidences etc.
- Lead a behavioural and dynamic assessment program to change behaviour and Health & Safety culture.
- Support Health & Reps across the business in resolving any risks or issues highlighted.
- Co-ordinate regular departmental Health, Safety and Environment review and committee meetings.
- Growing and well established Branded and ROL Food Manufacturer with an enviable reputation as an Employer of Choice.
- Committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Producer of a range of high quality products, supplying to all of the major multiple retailers as well as manufacturing a successful branded portfolio.
- This is an exciting time to join the business which has seen significant recent growth and investment and has an ambitious but achievable 5 year growth plan.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact Andrew Jagger, Associate Director Food & FMCG Division on 0777 9628327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference AJ 3494.
All CVs will be acknowledged.