Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient 'food to go' such as prepared salad and fruit, dressed salads, coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating from four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience
About the role
We are growing! As part of growth we have fantastic opportunities for Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers to join our great team at one of our sites in Chichester Food Park.
You will ideally have experience of both electrical and mechanical maintenance although a specialism in just electrical can be considered with development opportunities to build your mechanical skillset.
A manufacturing background, particularly within FMCG / food manufacturing would be desirable.
We understand the importance of Engineering within our business and these roles are integral to ensuring that projects and improvements are continuously driven throughout the sites. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all engineering works are done promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise plant downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and yield improvement.
Here's a bit more detail:
- To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
- To actively champion health and safety, ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum, it meets the standards set out in the company's health and safety and environmental policies.
- To be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
- To uphold and exceed standards of product quality and GMP within their area that are appropriate to an industry-leading quality food manufacturer.
- To be aware of budget and stock control and maintain shift paperwork to a high standard.
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 2 week rolling Panama Shift Pattern 7 - 7 (days and nights)
You're an experienced Engineer with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business and thrive in pressurised and challenging environments. We're looking for a strong team player who also has the ability to work autonomously and manage a busy workload. Ideally you will have worked in a similar manufacturing or food production environment and have a strong electrical and mechanical background including relevant qualifications.
If you have the following knowledge and experience, we want to talk to you:-
- A recognised electrical qualification
- Analytical problem-solving approach and numerical capability
- Written and verbal communication skills
- We are also interested in hearing from ex-military personnel with transferable skills that are interested in working within food manufacturing.
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:
- A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Company pension
- 22 shifts holiday
- Healthcare package
- Life Assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts
About the office location
Commuting here is a breeze! All four sites are located close to Chichester / Selsey surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy with free parking onsite.
Keywords:- Maintenance Engineer, Manufacturing, FMCG, Food Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, ex-military, MOD, ex-forces, Manufacturing Engineering #NWF