Trainee / Graduate Category Executive
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient food such as prepared salad and fruit, dressed salads, 'food to go', coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating from four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a trainee in our forward thinking and insightful Category team.
Are you a graduate or someone looking to start a career within the food industry?
Do you have an interest in food, data analysis and providing a high level of service?
As a trainee Category Executive your primary responsibility will be to support the Category Manager in the day to day management of their retailer account to drive growth.
You will be fully supported in your career with full training and support to help you be successful in your role.
There are plenty of opportunities for on-going development and training and this is a fantastic way to start an interesting career as a Category Executive.
As part of the role you'll be analysing data, providing real insight and supporting business decisions to drive growth. Our category team are an approachable, intelligent and tenacious team of individuals who are passionate about driving growth amongst our customers.
Here's a bit more detail:
* Accurate data provision and analysis in monthly Category reports
* Support the Category Manager in monitoring market, category and competitor performance
* Prepare accurate Category, Channel, Shopper, Customer data and analysis that will assist Category Manager and Sales teams to develop shopper based "selling stories" for customers
* Support the Category Manager with information on Category, Channel & Customer trends, latest development and sales performance analysis
* Responsible to clean specific scan data to support the efficient uploading into the Browser
You're accurate and analytically minded. We're looking for a strong team player with excellent communication skills, you must also demonstrate resilience in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
Ideally you'll have experience of a similar role working with data and providing insights, however this role would also suit a graduate or trainee. Most importantly, we're looking for the right attitude and someone who is passionate and meticulous about their work!
If you have the following knowledge and experience, we want to talk to you:
* Experience as a data analyst ideally within a FMCG environment desirable although not essential
* Proven ability to analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
* Strong commercial awareness
* Excellent presentation skills
* Proven time management and organisation skills
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:
* A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
* Company pension
* 25 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays
* Healthcare package
* Life Assurance policy
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Exclusive online benefits and discounts
About the office location
Our offices are modern, bright and airy with free parking onsite.
Keywords:- Data Analysis, Analyst, Market Data, Trainee Category Executive, Category Management, Category Manager, Graduate, Trainee, Apprentice, Retail, Sales, Customer Service, Administrator, Marketing, Retail, Food Industry, FMCG #NWF