Quality Assurance Technician
Speedibake is a division of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £13.4 billion and 130,000 employees in 47 countries.
Speedibake has bakery sites in Wakefield and Bradford specialising in own-label baked goods, we supply to a customer base across all channels; foodservice wholesalers, contract catering, end users, export and retail.
We are looking to recruit a conscientious and tenacious individual to join the department as QA Technician at our Wakefield Site. Reporting to the Quality Supervisor, the postholder will require to work as a part of a 3 -shift rota Monday to Friday (10-6, 2-10, 6-2)
- Ensuring adherence to operational procedures & HACCP system and reporting any non-conformances to the relevant managers.
- Carrying out hygiene audits and inspections on all operational staff.
- Carrying out sampling of raw materials and finished products.
- Ensuring that all probes and scales are calibrated at the specified frequency
Skills / Experience
- A qualification in either Food Safety, Food Hygiene, HACCP or a proven working knowledge is essential to allow the successful candidate to operate within the framework of HACCP and ensure that an effective and efficient Quality Assurance service is provided
- Strong communication and team working skills, as well as the ability to work alone.
- The ability to create and provide accurate and detailed reports on your practices.
- A working knowledge of HACCP, BRC Standards, and food legislation is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Experience working as a Quality Controller or QA Technician within the food manufacturing industry would be advantageous
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.