Responsible for the Technical operation and systems for the site, maintaining technical standards, in line with legislation and customer requirements. Ensuring the members of the technical team are also effectively implementing and managing in line with legislative and customer operating standards. A successful candidate will have a strong FMCG background (abattoir experience is beneficial).
A Market Leading Food Manufacturer.
- Ensuring that the Technical Team is adequately trained and that any further training needs are identified
- Liaison with suppliers and customers
- Ensuring that the company's quality systems are fully compliant with current standards and customer requirements
- Ensuring that any customers KPIs are supplied in an accurate and timely fashion
- Maintenance of the HACCP Food Safety Plan
- Leadership of the HACCP Food Safety Team
- Ensures that technical resource is available for involvement in trials associated with Technical, NPD, Engineering, Manufacturing, Packaging, Hygiene, etc.
- Advising other members of the Senior Management Team about quality, food safety and legislative requirements
- Develop expertise across the site, fully understanding the processes and constraints, to continuously improve food safety, legality and quality compliance across the site, in conjunction with other members of the operations team
- Keeping up with changes in technology, legislation and customer requirements to ensure that the company is always fully conversant with the latest information
Food-related BSc qualification.
Relevant food manufacturing experience in a similar role (minimum 7 years).
Advanced Food Hygiene.
Recognised PC skills (Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
Recognised Internal/3rd Party Audit training.
£Competitive salary + Package