Quality Systems Coordinator-Part time
Quality Systems Coordinator (Part Time – Job Share), Hull, an exciting opportunity to join our Technical team in this key role.
Reporting to the Customer Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for the maintenance of quality systems and adherence to third party audits. Working alongside the Internal Auditor, you will also ensure adherence to the site internal audit schedule is maintained.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the site HACCP to provide a strong food safety system and ensure its compliance.
- Take part in customer visits and audits (both internal and external) as required.
- Manage audit schedules to ensure effective coverage of required elements and maintenance of agreed schedule frequency.
- Governance of the auditing process to ensure a robust system is in place that meets all customer and legal requirements.
- Prepare internal KPI reports.
- Manage and maintain the document control system.
- Drive system improvement with site teams by analysis, trending and review of all audit results and non-conformances.
Key skills and experience:
- You will have extensive working knowledge of food manufacturing, including bakery and flour technology. You will also have excellent communication skills in order to liaise with a number of different teams within the business. You will need to be computer literate in order to utilise a number of software programs that are operational within the business.
- You will also need to be self-motivated, have a desire to understand and investigate issues and be a keen problem-solver. An intermediate qualification in Food Safety and/or HACCP would be advantageous as well as a formal auditing qualification.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
Please note this is a part-time position of 16 hours per week to be worked on a job share basis. Working days are to be confirmed but a degree of flexibility will be required.