A unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, ambitious, food manufacturing business that is embracing a period of exciting, progressive change.
- Location - South Wales
- Salary - Strong base + bonus and benefits
- Function - Operations
- Business Sector - Food Manufacturing
Reporting to the MD, this role will take full responsibility for the manufacturing capability and efficiency of the organisation along with contributing to the broader commercial and business strategy. The key responsibilities include:
- Develop appropriate plans for relevant departments to enable the effective delivery of the operational strategy.
- Continually seek out new ideas for improving operational performance, utilising agreed CI techniques and approaches.
- Provide lead input into business cases to develop in-year capital investment, working effectively with the wider Group team.
- To actively champion a progressive and compliant Health and Safety culture ensuring that all policies associated with this area are fulfilled.
- Ensure overall control of overhead costs in line with agreed budgets and subsequent in-year forecasts.
- Ensure overall control of conversion costs, adapting approaches and ways of working where necessary to deliver the plan.
- Implement optimum organisation structures that will improve processes, minimise duplication and increase efficiency in the context of the overall objectives.
- Champion and cascade processes associated with lean manufacturing.
- Develop talent and capability across the operations function in line company and Group principles. Ensure formal development plans are in place for individuals where appropriate.
- Clear direction setting and line management.
- Significant manufacturing experience in food or food-related leadership roles.
- Has had responsibility for the development and delivery of service operations including
planning, engineering and process.
- Track record of delivering change in a manufacturing environment against a background of customer and cost pressure.
- Comfortable with being a highly visible role model, both to the operations teams but also across the wider business.
- Proven commercial acumen to enable year on year margin improvement.
Longer term career progression is hugely attractive in this ambitious and dynamic Group.