Job Type: Technical Manager
Package: Up to £60,000 DOE + benefits
Sector: Fresh Produce
Are you an experienced Technical Manager within the food industry? Do you want to work with a multi-sited business who are a leading supplier in their field? Do you have the ability to provide continuous improvement plans and streamline the quality function? This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to ensure the compliance and manage the adherence of customer and company standards and provide proactive support to the across the entire business.
The role will see the successful individual managing all product quality and legality. They will be responsible for the quality management systems and be the face of the company to all customers from a technical aspect, completing all 2nd and 3rd party audits, and being a key instigator of the sites quality and safety standards. As part of the technical department and ensuring the business goes from strength to strength it is imperative that they are able to keep an eye on the competitive market and assist the NPD department on future developments, therefore a real passion for food and the industry is key.
As one of the UK’s largest providers of their products, they ensure they work to the highest quality standards possible, managed by a world class team. They supply to retailers, wholesalers and other manufacturers across the country. The company pride themselves on not only providing a quality product but also doing this in the most efficient and ethical way. They continually like to challenge the industry, researching for new technologies and processes which will enable them to continue operating at the top of their game while reducing their environmental impact.
- Mentor the quality and technical team, ensuring all required training and procedures are in place
- Represent the business to all customers and ensure the development of the business
- Prepare and manage all 3rd party audits and required certifications including BRC
- Manage the sites hygiene standards and ensure all requirements are met and developed
- Ensure all relevant departments, including NPD, Commercial, and Production meet to the quality requirements of the business
- Remain current to all new technologies and procedures that could assist in the improvement of the business
You will need to be able to show a proven background at developing a strong technical team within the food manufacturing industry, show a keen passion for the role and demonstrate your ability to assist in the development of not only people, but also a business.
If you feel this is the right move in your career please do get in touch by sending your CV to Chris.Hine@DRNewitt.com or call on 0161 833 0181.