Site Technical Manager
Job title: Site Technical Manager
Reporting to: Site Manager
Hours: Full time
Location: Bairnsdale, Victoria (VIC)
Purpose of the Position
The OneHarvest Group of companies now has factory operations in 4 states (Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia). The primary purpose of this role is to create a new site technical team that inspires and excites our customers, suppliers and staff.
This purpose of the role is to deliver the technical and quality standards for the Bairnsdale site from field to finished goods. This role also manages the site technical and quality performance, specifically exceeding our customer process and product specifications, quality measures, food safety and legislative requirements.
Internal and External Relationships
This role actively leads, supports, and guides all VIC site operational teams and individuals as part of the site leadership team. In addition to this, the role also works as part of the the OneHarvest National Technical Forum. This is led by the National Technical Manager based in Brisbane together with other business functions including Supply, Sales and Business Information.
The role has important relationships and accountability both to and for the National Technical Forum representing the Bairnsdale site. The majority of other national departments and roles are based in the head office in Brisbane including the One Harvest Leadership and Executive Teams.
This role is required to build constructive relationships with individuals, groups, and businesses that directly or indirectly impact on the sites technical operations performance, reputation or capability to innovate and grow. This includes government and industry bodies, contractors, suppliers, and customers.
Fundamentally, the role is accountable for the leadership required to balance the One Harvest Diamond, specifically in relation to the site technical priorities and site specific deliverables.
- Drive continued improvement of the site’s foreign body removal systems.
- Instilling confidence in our customer’s by delivering best practice quality and food safety systems. This includes the design development and ongoing training of site staff to meet set expectations.
- Lead any and all customer technical visits to the site and drive site ownership of any customer related technical interactions.
- The leadership and management required to daily balance the One Harvest Diamond (Cost, Service Quality and Safety) as part of a site leadership team.
- Deliver the site hygiene program to ensure the best standards of safe, high quality product.
- Delivering a trend of continuous cost improvement overtime.
KPI’s and Sample Behaviours (around One Harvest Diamond)
- Deliver site operational performance as part of the leadership team. Measured by weekly margin report v budget.
- Design, implement and manage the site technical budget, inclusive of hygiene requirements. Measured against the weekly and monthly overhead report as a performance against budget.
- Quality standard compliance to WQA, BRC, HACCP and Coles Food Manufacturing standards. Measured Monitor review and adjust site quality systems to improve site audit results year on year. This will be measured as a result of the number and severity of CARS in addition to QA audit results (Eg BRC A grade result).
- Zero critical cars and /or withdrawals and recalls (including micro, packaging or quality)
- Drive the quality, safety and service focus of the product/ingredient supply chains by completing physical audits at suppliers as per schedule, and developing a link between WIBIT (Would I Buy it Test) results and the OneHarvest horticultural development plans. This would be measured on
- Audit results of suppliers demonstrate increasing performance / ratings year on year.
- Audit schedules completed to timeframes, both site specific and any national suppliers where required
- Changes to produce supply plans proactively made to reflect WIBIT results.
- Drive factory trials to prove (or fit for purpose test) any new equipment, materials or process necessary to meet required standards. This will result in a site with a detailed trial database, documented site leadership team actions and zero non-conformance or technical / site surprises.
- Guardian of the site technical processes that ensure raw materials, finished products, and processes are assessed and exceed set quality and food safety standards. This will result in
- Zero recalls or withdrawals
- No more than 3 per million CPMU performance
- zero severity customer complaints
Proven technical experience in managing fresh chilled sites
Proven experience in leading and managing teams
Experience in delivering commercial results in an operational environment
Experience in leading customer and supplier visits / audits
Experience in managing short shelf products
Experience in managing pathogenic bacteria
To apply for this role please click the apply button.