Our client are one of the leading players in their chosen category. They supply premium chilled products into a number of the UK’s leading Restaurants and Michelin Star Eateries. As a business, they invest heavily in their sites across the UK and take pride in the development of their people.
Following significant investment across the group, specifically within their distribution facility based in London, they are looking to recruit an experienced Transport Manager. As with the majority of FMCG operations, flexibility will be required to support the business needs as required.
- Ensuring HS&E standards are adhered to at all times
- Developing your team with new skills and encouraging people to achieve to the best of their capabilities.
- Chairing daily team meetings ensuring the accuracy of information shared.
- Ensure planning levels are manned correctly.
- Be cost aware at all times.
- Experience in the fine food, Fresh food & meat wholesale/logistic sector – (or exec chef level)
- An understanding of the requirements of chefs and a commercial kitchen and the high service levels expected.
- Ambitious, honest, committed and hard working.
- Hands on and positive attitude.
- Great at motivating and managing a team
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Numerical & Analytical ability
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload
- Good knowledge of Microsoft word and excel
- Good budgetary controls
- A customer focused attitude
- Adaptable to change
The role would suit someone perhaps working in a similar environment or from a NDC environment. It is an excellent time to join the business as it goes through a significant period of growth and exciting change. Please apply today with your full CV and current salary details to Jonathan@hudsonjames.co.uk, or if you have any questions please call Jonathan Russell on 01133202430.