Category Management Executive – Maternity Cover
JOB TITLE: Category Management Executive – Maternity Cover
BENEFITS: Excellent Benefits
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK’s leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Supporting the Category Management and wider commercial team in the delivery of Business and Category objectives; such as gathering retail intelligence evidence, promotional analysis and data management.
- Raising department purchase orders and responsibility for capturing and tracking spend against the plan, highlighting significant variations where appropriate.
- Promotional analysis and promotion reviews – use analytical tools to drive insight from promotional database to form input into cyclical channel promotion reviews, and the ongoing promotional sign off procedure
- The Marketing “Toolbox” maintain and develop the marketing “Toolbox” – a structured and easy to access filing system including Product and Retailer databases capturing product attributes, pricing, retailer category space, ranges, promotional activity, new launches, seasonal activity, as well as a photograph library, market research debriefs, and other market reports. Weekly updates will be driven by store and online audits, the running of routine market data reports and input from the team.
- Marketing team meetings and department communication – facilitating team meetings – team diary management, booking rooms, etc, and collating the agenda. Also facilitating adhoc routine marketing communication to the wider business via display screens and intranet
- Responsibility for the monthly coding of new market products to the CSM segmentation in the Kantar worldpanel data.
- Customer category partner support:- as required by the customer category team, analyse on a weekly basis Asda’s sales performance on all products, using retailers own system, assist in range reviews with merchandising analysis and plangramming.
- Assist the marketing team with the progression of work with external agencies
- Respond to broader general customer and account team requests as required
- FMCG experience, either retailer or supplier side
- Highly competent in excel, PowerPoint and word
- Proven data handling and analytical skills
- Previous experience working with retailers would be desirable
- Strong customer facing skills
- Must be a self-starter and use initiative
- A driving license is essential for this role
For further information please check out our careers page