Site Technical Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is a prestigious and successful food processor with an interesting and popular product range. They currently supply the major multiples.
To provide technical leadership and deliver product quality and safety. Ensure that the site is “audit ready” at all times by implementation of the highest technical, production and hygiene standards to meet third party and customer requirements. To assist in process development and the NPD process to deliver new products and innovation to the site operation.
• Management of the Quality Management System including HACCP, specifications, procedures, work instructions, recipes and quality attribute sheets.
• Preparation for and supervision of customer and third party audits.
• Implementation of exceptional GMP, technical and factory standards and communication of factory KPIs to improve factory standards.
• Management of suppliers including supplier risk assessment and assurance, chain of custody, quality control of incoming raw material, ingredients and packaging,.
• Management of hygiene function to ensure that hygiene systems and paperwork are up to date and that health and safety is in place.
• Plan and manage product testing and surveillance covering product microbiology, environmental and process hygiene monitoring, product nutritional and chemical testing.
• Product sensory evaluation ensuring there is a structured approach involving trained panels for new product development and monitoring of current product and raw materials quality.
• Investigate any non-conformances on product surveillance, nutritional, legislative or microbiological issues and facilitate root cause solutions, corrective and preventative actions.
• Manage technical aspects of NPD including customer specifications, raw material specifications, supplier approval, quality attribute sheets, shelf life testing and update and maintenance of technical product file.
• Conduct job related tasks deemed necessary on an ad hoc basis appropriate to the technical function of the business as and when required.
• Knowledge of food safety control requirements and HACCP principles and systems.
• Comfortable in factory environment.
• Demonstrate a logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
• Operate on your own initiative and within a team environment.
• Good presentation of self and company to retail customers.
• Adaptable to change.
• Experience of web and non-web based customer retail specification packages.
• Experience of the UK major retailers.
• Food related degree or equivalent
• Ideally minimum 3 years’ experience in chilled food manufacturing with 2 years in a similar technical role.
What’s on offer?
• This role comes with a competitive salary and flexible benefits, including performance related bonus.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.
Apply for Site Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly