Packaging Operations Manager
Our client is looking for a high calibre Packing Operations Manager to join their team based at manufacturing site in Fife.
As an Operations Manager you’ll be a key member of the site management team, providing leadership and driving performance excellence. Leading a team of Front Line Managers, you’ll have overall responsibility for the delivery of a balanced scorecard, meeting AOP targets and driving continuous improvement at site.
- Take a lead role in influencing the broader site agenda to ensure consistency of approach and best practice across the Operations agenda.
- You’ll set the direction, culture and standards for people and performance at site and ensure those commitments are met.
- Direct line management of Front Line Managers, in addition to overall responsibility for over 100 front line employees.
- Working closely with the Senior Operations Manager, you’ll identify and deliver on opportunities for collaboration and sharing best practice.
- Deliver the AOP through daily/weekly/period management on all aspects of Operations performance.
- Deliver the site safety agenda supporting audits and employee engagement in safety initiatives.
- Daily compliance with Supply Planning requirements and flawless execution of all product-related change (NPD, trials, promotions, etc).
- Overall responsibility for quality and food safety/hygiene standards.
- Manage all aspects of performance including labour and resource planning.
- Take a lead role in Lean and QCDM Management.
- Significant operational manufacturing experience and knowledge (products, processes, maintenance)
- Capable, credible and authentic people leader with experience of setting standards and holding people to account
- Great influencing, motivating and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- Understanding of Operations financial processes and systems (AOP, forecasting, etc)
- Flexible approach
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make balanced short and long term recommendations on the basis of available data
- A proven track record of project management and affecting change
- Experience of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies
What’s on offer?
- Starting salary of £50,000-£55000,
- 10% performance related bonus
- Company car
- 3rd party business related incentives
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.