Specifications Technologist (Finished Product)
5 days left
- Contract Type
Our client, a welcoming and inclusive Chilled Food Manufacturer is looking for a Specifications Technologist to work within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Technical Compliance Manager, the role would suit an experienced Specifications Technologist who would enjoy being part of a busy, thriving team.
The role is to effectively deliver the site Technical / NPD agenda in line with company and customer category plans. You will be responsible for the customer specification and artwork processes and provide administration support for the specific site and other sites as and when required.
As a key member of the Technical Team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Full responsibility for completing customer specifications on retail portals, according to customer and legal requirements, as well as critical path.
- Update specifications as dictated by the business.
- Manage the specification administration process from concept, through to delist.
- Brief the site on all relevant news articles and alerts etc, as communicated via the customer specification systems and email.
- Ensure that the online policies and procedures are accepted and declined, as required.
- Ensure that all system contacts are kept fully up-to-date at all times.
- Maintain user management on all systems.
- Ensure that the artwork checking process is fully adhered to and that artwork fully complies with customer and legal requirements.
- Liaise with artwork service providers
- Liaise with technologists and production teams with regards to factory constraints (e.g. orientation / date code box size etc)
- Liaise with customer technologist to sign off artwork / specifications.
- Attend printers to ‘pass on press’ and ensure all artwork is printed to agreed guidelines
- Brief site for packaging introductions / changeovers and work alongside planning / procurement to ensure that write-offs are minimised.
- Visit customers to sign off paperwork, as necessary
- Customer interaction required for specifications / packaging.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Previous experience of on-line customer specification systems
- Previous experience of Raw Materials specifications
- Must have a good understanding of nutritional data
- Ability to learn and understand complex calculations and logic to interpret legal terms.
- Knowledge of Food and Food Packaging Legislation as well as relevant employment Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to understand the factory processes
- Problem solving techniques.
- Competent in the Microsoft Office suite
- Success is driven through a team of passionate people who inspire customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity
- One of the largest employers in the area
- Part of an award-winning Group
- Recent investment of £2 million on site to develop a unique cooking method
- The site prides itself on an atmosphere of camaraderie, teamwork and a willingness to share knowledge.
If you would like to join an award-winning, market-leading team then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ- P4156 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Apply for Specifications Technologist (Finished Product)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly