Technical Manager (Customer Facing)
Job Type: Technical Manager (Customer Facing)
Salary: £47k + Company Benefits
Location: East Anglia
Sector/Industry – FMCG
Are you an Experienced Technical Manager looking to join a business that is highly innovative and expanding at pace? Do you have a background in Food & Drink? If so please read on for this exciting opportunity!
The FMCG business would suit an energetic and dynamic individual who has experience operating as a Technical manager within a Private Label organisation while also having NPD knowledge to oversee innovation projects from a technical perspective. This company is going through an exciting growth period with a lots of new SKU’s being launch into the Major retailers.
As Technical Manager you will have responsibility for leading major retailer account. This will include building customer relationships through weekly visits, understanding requirements and driving Technical standards to the manufacturing sites. This role will give you exposure to international travel, and be the key liaison point between major retailer customers & manufacturing sites.
The role will encompass the following duties:
- Manage customer visits to site including first productions and lead customer meetings.
- Lead the retail account from a technical and NPD perspective and act of primary contact with the customer Technical & NPD Category teams
- Offer technical direction for new processes, packaging, equipment installation
- Supervising the support team and ensure that all specification & Artwork are accurate and legal.
- Lead customer complaints reduction plans with manufacturing sites, and KPI reports are managed to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage all technical requirements from the retail customer.
- Support the manufacturing sites in preparing for audits/customer visits, review and advise actions for outstanding non-conformances and provide technical direction for audit scope.
- Communicate NPD customer briefs and to Manufacturing sites & support the development process through from the customer brief to product launch, ensuring that critical path is achieved.
- Identification of Market trends which meet the retailer requirements and company strategy.
- Manage communication between the UK Retailer customer and the manufacturing site,
- Manage all new developments in accordance with the retailer technical codes of practice and guidance documents.
- You will have strong experience in a Technical management role in either the Food or Drink product categories.
- Have experience in a retailer customer facing position
- You will have a background in private label manufacturing.
- You will have a technical understanding of both product & production processes
- You will be an enthusiastic individual who is has strong commercial acumen and willing to offer support to the wider business when needed.
- Flexible to travel to Europe on a monthly basis
Apply now or call Jack Forth at The Advocate Group Directly on 0207 871 8000