Assistant Poultry Farm Manager
My client has to be one of the biggest food producers in the Middle East. Due to expansion and growth they are now looking for an Assistant Farm Manager within Poultry to closely assist the Farm Manager in the successful operation of the farming units by the close supervision of work and by the provision of guidance and advice to all staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Achieve physical and financial performance for his areas of responsibility within parameters agreed with his Farm Manager to meet or exceed budget.
- Manage the farm if both the Farm Manager and Sr. Farm Manager are absent to ensure the operational efficiency and smooth running of the unit.
- Ensure to motivate his staff to achieve ever-greater levels of efficiency in all aspects of their work and develop their potential skills to benefit the individual and the company.
- Manage and develop the ISO 9001 - 2000 Quality Management System to allow retention of our Certification and to enhance the quality ethos on the farm.
- Smooth efficient operation of the farm.
- Production meets projected budget and all farm equipment’s are maintained efficiently and cost-effectively.
- To monitor on a daily basis the performance of all units he is responsible for and to ensure they are operating within Divisional guidelines.
- Monitor and assess the performance of his Unit managers and Unit Herdsmen providing guidance and support to ensure that they and their unit achieve the budgeted level of performance.
- Prepare monthly targets, Egg production and livestock numbers projections as requested by Farm Manager
- Assess the levels of feed intake and Egg production on a daily basis, compare with targets and take corrective action as required.
- To keep the farm manager informed at all times of relevant information regarding the farm’s operations at intervals and in the manner stipulated by the Farm Manager.
- In conjunction with the Div. Poultry Manager and Farm Manager, to assist in the preparation of a capital and revenue budget for the coming year for approval of GM Farming.
- To carry out any other tasks or special projects as may be requested from him by the Farm Manager.
- Implement the provisions of the Bio-Security policy on the farm at all times.
- Functional Areas are: be Rearing, Laying, Egg Store, Feedmill, Breeding, Broiler or Hatcheries, Health
- Animal handling range from 6000 to 25,400 animals according to the farm.
- Generally work is a 10-hour from 6 am to 6 pm with a 1-hour break for breakfast and another for lunch.
- All sites are remote living
- A physically demanding job with most of the day being spent outside on the farm supervising and organising work.
- Highly technical role involving incubation, technical maintenance, machine management
Due to the remote location of role this role is only suitable for a single status application
This role is expected to attract a lot of candidates so I will only be able to contact you if you are successful in the pre-screen according to the criteria’s set by my client. If you have not been contacted with 72 hours of submission then I am afraid you have not been successful.