Arable Assistant Farm Manager
My client has to be one of the biggest food producers in the Middle East. Due to expansion and growth they are now looking for an Arable Assistant Farm Manager who will closely assist the Farm Manager in the successful operation of the farming units by the close supervision of work
The responsibilities for the role would include but not limited to:
• Achieve physical and financial performance for his areas of responsibility within parameters agreed with Farm Management to meet or exceed budget.
• Ensure that operational efficiency and smooth running of the unit in the absence of the farm management
• Motivate his staff to improve efficiency in all aspects of their work and develop their potential skills to benefit the individual and the company.
• Ensure that machinery and equipment is operated and maintained to the required standards.
• Regular inspection of all fields to monitor all aspects of crop husbandry and irrigation are correct
• Smooth efficient operation of the farm.
• To monitor on a daily basis the performance of all units he is responsible for and to ensure they are operating within Divisional guidelines.
• Monitor and assess the performance of his Unit managers and Unit Herdsmen providing guidance and support to ensure that they and their unit achieve the budgeted level of performance.
• cultivation , crop husbandry, harvesting, record keeping
• Oversee teams of anything between 25 - 300
• 40 – 300 fields under irrigation, 3000 – 11000 irrigated hectares.
• 12 hours per day with 2 hours off, possible night work.
Like all farming roles this is a physical and demanding job with most of the day being spent outside on the farm supervising and organising work with daytime temperatures in the summer exceeds 40 degrees.
• Irrigated crop husbandry and machinery skills
• Diploma or degree in agriculture
• Must have good man management skills
• Effective planning and organisational ability.
• Good communication skills
• Driving license
ROLE is suited for single status candidates due to accommodation will not be compounded
Apply for Arable Assistant Farm Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly