Commis Chef / Chefs - looking for a change? Move into NPD!
This role would suit a real foodie looking to break in to product development or is suitable for Graduates looking for that fantastic first opportunity!
We are working exclusively with a highly respected, growing food ingredient manufacturer that is part of a larger group, a progressive company that not only listens but takes ideas forward, fancy working within a small talented team based environment?
Do you have a passion for food, enjoy tasting and reviewing products? This role involves working within a dynamic SME environment, where decisions are made quickly and the whole workforce work well as a team. Super systems are already in place and you’ll be:
- Dealing directly with customers and suppliers request / inquires. Complete customer matching work full compliance with the brief.
- Working with an individual account off site on specific projects.
- Offering technical support to Account Managers during customer visits, on and off site and preparing samples for presentations.
- Sourcing new raw materials and completing the supporting documentation. Submit costing and specification requests.
- Organizing internal product review panels.
- Value engineering recipes.
The ideal candidate:
- Have a highly organised yet creative approach and can generate innovative ideas and will be able to anticipate current / future trends.
- You will be expected to work both within a small team and on your own initiative on specific projects.
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C or above in Maths & English.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Analytical and methodical working practices
- If a Graduate - then a Food Science / Technology or relevant qualification in similar related discipline
- Experience within a similar role is highly beneficial
Are you a confident, self-motivated team player with an enthusiastic flexible attitude? Looking to work for a professional, advanced food manufacturer? Great, then get in touch with Juliette or Jackie at Pip Consultancy today for a confidential discussion!
- Staff Parking, free Uniform
- Technologically advanced IT Systems and simple effective processes
- Modern working environment and staff amenities
Would suit candidates that may have held NPD Technologist, Graduate Food Technologist, Graduate Process Development, Senior NPD Technician, Product Development, Specifications Technologist, Retail Technologist, Catering Assistant, QA Technologist, QC Quality Technician, Technical Assistant, Food Technologist Coordinator Controller, QA Auditor roles in the Food Industry.
We thank you for your application and advise you that due to the high volume of applications that we currently receive, if we have not contacted you within 21 days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.