Planning Team Leader
7 days left
- Contract Type
Planning Team Leader
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient food such as prepared salad and fruit, dressed salads, 'food to go', coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating from four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Planning Team Leader to join our supply chain team.
The role is very fast paced so previous planning in a similar role would be preferred. You will also be leading a small team.
There are always plenty of opportunities for on-going development and training within Natures Way Foods and this is a great time to join our growing business.
Here's a bit more detail:-
Ensure we has the correct levels of material stocks at all times to meet customer demand, Factories are scheduled effectively and troubleshoot any system set up issues.
- Ensure delivery of inbound goods is cost effective, on time and in full
- Effective communication between shifts and other members of the team
- Ensure adequate team resource available at all times
- Oversee systems functionality to ensure efficient and accurate planning across the business
- Manage and develop a team of planners
- Agree target stock levels and manage stock holding against them
- Complete KPI reporting
- Project work and data analysis as required
- Deliver an effective schedule for the factories
- Effective Investigation and reporting of any waste to the business
- Setting and maintaining high standards of Customer service (on time and in full)
- Effective & accurate Sales Order processing
- Delivery of effective scheduling for the factories
- Achievement of departmental KPIs
- Accurate reporting of outbound and inbound Transport
- Accurate supply and stock management
- Accurate Capacity Planning
- Team capability
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and delegation ability
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure
- Resilient and able to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of distribution and planning trucks
- Experience of FMCG or fresh product environment desirable
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems is desirable
- Previous planning experience within food manufacturing is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Commercial experience & understanding of financial reporting
- Effective people management experience
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:-
- A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Company pension
- Holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Healthcare package
- Life Assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts
- Plenty of free parking available on all of our sites
- Relocation packages available
- Ongoing training and development
About the office location:-
Commuting here is a breeze! All four sites are located close to the bottom of the A3 and M27, surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy with free parking onsite.
What to do next…
We really hope this has piqued your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the 'apply' button today and our expert internal recruitment team will be in touch!
If you aspire to work in a fast-paced business that is growing from strength to strength, join us. You'll not only find this a brilliant place to work but also a dynamic business you can take pride in being a part of.
We always love to hear from great people too, so don't forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We're also proud to say we're an equal opportunities employer.
Keywords:- Supply Chain, Logistics, Transport Planner, Material Planner, Materials Planner, Team Leader, Manager, Distribution, Logistics, Manufacturing, Food, FMCG #NWF