Food Auditor - Scotland
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit an experienced Food Auditor, based in Scotland, to join our expanding team on a Subcontractor/Limited Company basis. As a Food Auditor, you will be required to plan and conduct professional audits that meet customer requirements. For this opportunity, it is essential that the successful candidate be experienced in auditing against BRC categories 2 (Raw Poultry), 4 (Raw Fish), and 14 (Bakery).
Due to the client facing nature of the role, excellent customer service and communication skills are required as you will be responsible for representing SAI Global. An overview of the main duties is provided below:
- Plan, arrange and undertake detailed evaluations of premises, procedures and practices against pre-determined standards;
- Use objective evidence, gained through evaluations, to prepare detailed reports in an accurate and concise manner. In addition, you will be required to report findings verbally to clients;
- Under-take client follow-up;
- Provide certification recommendation;
- Ensure that client Non Conformities assigned to follow-up are answered in a timely manner, and review and analyse client answers;
- Provide answers to any requests arising during the technical review of files;
- In conjunction with the Administration Team, you will also need to aid in the maintenance of comprehensive customer files, including all necessary documentation, as well as work with the Business Unit to facilitate internal and external communications regarding client management needs.
Experience and Professional Qualifications:
- A degree in a food related or bioscience discipline, or as a minimum a higher education course in a food or related or bioscience discipline;
- A minimum of five years post qualification experience related to the food industry;
- Lead auditor qualified to IRCA or equivalent;
- HACCP qualified;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and presentation/communication skills;
- Highly self-motivated, and capable working with minimal direction displaying credibility and responsibility;
- IT literate with proficiency across Microsoft Office;
- Ongoing professional accreditation and development.
SAI Global is passionate about helping business improve. We offer a broad range of products and services for risk management to businesses worldwide, and in Australia we also offer specialised property services to the financial, legal and conveyancing sectors.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, we have around 2,000 employees in 29 locations across EMEA, North America and Asia. We operate through two divisions, Risk Management Solutions and Property Services.