Retail Auditor - Edinburgh
Joining SAI Global at an exciting time as we continue to grow and develop our Assurance business, we are looking for a Retail Auditors, based in Edinburgh, to help support our Quick Service Restaurant and Retail Store operations. As a Retail Auditor, you will responsible for auditing some of the most well-known names on the UK high street against the appropriate food safety, hygiene, and inter-company standards.
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates who are comfortable in a client-facing position, and have at least experience of at least 2 years’ in an auditing or enforcement role. Additionally, due to the nature of the role (which will be on a zero-hours contract), access to own transport is essential. An overview of the main duties have been provided below:
• To carry out non-accredited audit programmes, based on company, brand and legal standards;
• To fully follow the Audit Brief for all audits undertaken, ensuring audit specific requirements are met;
• To deliver specific client training programmes and on-the-job coaching based on company, brand and legal standards, where required;
• To accurately complete all paperwork, hand held data capture forms and other documentation as required for each client audit/visit;
• To keep up to date with legal and technical developments in the areas of food safety, hygiene and quality;
• To provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to our clients.
Experience and Skillset required:
• Minimum of 2 years’ auditing experience, ideally within a retail, restaurant, or food factory/processing environment;
• IRCA or similar certified Auditor qualification is advantageous;
• Level 3 or Level 4 Food Safety qualification is advantageous;
• Level 3 or Level 4 HACCP qualification is advantageous;
• NEBOSH – Health and Safety at Work qualification is advantageous;
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft;
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required;
• Demonstrated customer focus and strong relationship building skills;
• Self-motivation and drive, goal-orientated with the ability to work on own initiative while also contributing effectively as part of a team;
• Strong organization and planning skills;
• Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure;
• High attention to detail;
• Ability to multi-task.
SAI Global is passionate about helping business improve. We offer a broad range of products and services for risk management to businesses worldwide, and in Australia we also offer specialised property services to the financial, legal and conveyancing sectors.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, we have around 2,000 employees in 29 locations across EMEA, North America and Asia. We operate through two divisions, Risk Management Solutions and Property Services.