Electrical Reliability Engineer
6 days left
- Contract Type
Electrical Reliability Engineer
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: Manchester
Cargill’s starches & sweeteners plant in Manchester is a production facility at the hub of the UK food and beverage industry. The plant and offices are part of Cargill’s starches and sweeteners business which produces sweeteners and wheat proteins for food customers. These include customers in the confectionery, brewing, beverage, dairy and bakery sectors.
The prime purpose of the Reliability Engineer position is to identify the pro-active maintenance requirements for assets to increase plant productivity, maximise reliability performance in a sustainable way and to capture all opportunities to improve processes while reducing total cost. This will be achieved through actions to; review and update the site criticality assessments, review and improve Equipment Reliability Strategies (ERS), ensure appropriate deployment of strategies, evaluate proactive work results, follow up with appropriate action to restore asset integrity and investigations into failures to eliminate their root causes. All opportunities to improve asset health will be captured whilst complying with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety requirements and in alignment with Reliability Excellence practices.
The successful candidate will develop their skills in the field of maintenance and reliability and will have full exposure to Cargill’s Manufacturing Excellence agenda. The individual will be part of the local Manufacturing Excellence team with strong interaction with all technical and plant operational personnel.
- To support and deploy the execution of reliability excellence strategies that will change plant culture
- Ensure equipment availability and reliability.
- Performing and updating criticality assessments of electrical plant assets and identify equipment reliability strategies with a focus of an upward trend in asset health.
- Analysis of failures and ‘bad actor’ identification – RCA trained is preferred
- Lead as required on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) processes utilizing the knowledge and expertise of other teams to reduce avoidable maintenance costs and maximise asset uptime.
- Execution of small to medium replacement and improvement projects.
- Identify critical spare parts and ensure they are covered with the appropriate Preventative/Predictive Maintenance (PM/PdM) plans.
- Prepare, support and follow critical tasks during plant shut down and Special Maintenance Activities, when required.
- Support execution of routine repair procedures and tasks to ensure compliance with the fundamental plant reliability strategies, standards and procedures.
- Leading/reporting downtime meetings and reporting KPIs that will be used in turn to identify continuous improvement activities.
- Participate in and support new capital investment project initiatives.
- Through continuous improvement and failure reduction processes, contribute to stable and reliable operations with consequent reduction of costs.
- Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent in a relevant subject or substantial relevant experience (i.e. Electrical Engineering)
- Proven experience in maintenance reliability role in a small/ medium size plant. Experience in a large Chemical, Food or Starch facility would be a considerable advantage.
- Proven knowledge of Maintenance & Reliability practices, tools/systems and complex location work execution
- A focus on asset integrity and reliability and able to deliver under challenging circumstances.
- Promoter of continuous improvement and usage of reliability centred maintenance tools for understanding of maintenance failures (e.g. 5Whys, Root Cause Analysis).
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.
- Practical knowledge of predictive maintenance (PdM) technologies for electrical assets – preferred.
- High voltage switching capability - preferred but training would be provided.
- Conversant with Root Cause Failure Analysis/ Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (RCFA/FMEA) and able to facilitate Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) processes.
- Understanding of regulatory and legal requirements in relation to maintenance of asset and process integrity such as safety, environmental and food safety regulation- beneficial.
- Knowledge should be supported by relevant industry standardized training.
- Ability to develop and conduct training on reliability topics and mentor others on maintenance and reliability principles is an advantage.
- Excellent fluent English (writing and speaking) and the ability to communicate with people from different departments and/or locations.
- An effective networker and able to build strong relationships with colleagues.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world’s leading companies.