SAI Global are looking to recruit a Technical Manager to join our team on a permanent basis as we look to grow and expand our service portfolio. This position presents a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Technical Manager to help us deliver exceptional technical management advice to one of our most prestigious clients, as well as supporting our current technical team across all areas.
The role will suit an industry-experienced (ideally food retail) and team-orientated Technical Manager who is able to provide advice and consultancy support across the food sector, with a principle focus on supply chain management. Within the main duties of the role, the Technical Manager will be expected to field enquiries both on-site and over telephone across a broad range of enquiries as well as being a key client contact and subject matter expert. As the role will be a critical client support position, approximately 3 days a week will be spent in a client-facing capacity, with UK-wide travel to Restaurants and Support Offices expected as a part of the role (although travel will be mainly be centred around the Home Counties). The remaining week will be spent within our Milton Keynes Head Office, and will support the technical review, working as part of the team of audits, labelling, supplier, and product specification material. An overview of the main duties of the role has been provided below:
- To support the approval, auditing and management of bespoke suppliers and distributors of food and drinks to the client;
- To support the development and implementation of supplier guidelines and internal standards;
- To evaluate, record, review and challenge continuous improvement of supplier performance;
- To evaluate, audit and review product specifications, factory records, and environmental evaluations as well as any other data sheets;
- To establish and develop relationships with all partners in the supply chain from suppliers through to customers;
- To identify and transfer best practice across the supply base;
- To liaise with external colleagues and suppliers to support the development process;
- To ensure that new products are manufactured in accordance with the client’s requirements;
- To analyse and investigate supplier complaints and issues to identify the cause and solution;
- To liaise with the Client’s team, QA inspection team and suppliers to manage a regular product evaluation programme (organoleptic, analytical and microbiological);
- To collaborate with Client Services’ operations team members when needed such as on supplier audit issues and guest/store complaint issues;
- To work with suppliers to implement corrective action plans to address the causes of actual and potential product non-conformity;
- To maintain and update supplier records;
- To represent clients when auditing suppliers, working on Industry panels and liaising with external bodies;
- To actively participate as a member of the technical resource pool for all clients;
- To update the relevant SAI and Client systems with key documentation and maintain an updated library of all key information ;
- To operate to ensure that the highest internal customer service levels are met.
Experience and Skillset required:
- Food Technology/Food Science based Degree/HND with experience in a food industry technical/manufacturing role;
- Experience of developing, reviewing, and authorising menu and retail pack label;
- Experience of working alongside customers and suppliers and all levels, including the provision of advice and best practice knowledge;
- Experience of GFSI benchmarked audits/2nd party audits;
- Experience of supplier approval and auditing as well as HACCP systems;
- Up to date knowledge of food legislation;
- Knowledge of packaging is desirable;
- IT literate - Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Flexible approach to work with differing tasks;
• Enthusiastic with a can do attitude;
• Must be able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player.
SAI Global is passionate about helping business improve. We offer a broad range of products and services for risk management to businesses worldwide, and in Australia we also offer specialised property services to the financial, legal and conveyancing sectors.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, we have around 2,000 employees in 29 locations across EMEA, North America and Asia. We operate through two divisions, Risk Management Solutions and Property Services.