Production Shift Leader
On behalf of an excellent client, we are looking for an experienced production leader based in Bedfordshire. You must have the ability and experience to effectively manage a team to ensure operations and facilities are up to standard.
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards, using available engineering and SHE resource where required.
- Ensure all safe systems of work, risk assessments and safe working practices are followed and weekly reviews conducted.
- Apply lean manufacturing principals and continuous improvement techniques.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the correct use of protective clothing and any other safety equipment.
- Effectively manage the team including recruitment, rotas, appraisals and holiday allowance inline with company procedure
- Identifying training needs and organising accordingly with as little disruption to daily operations as possible; recording and maintaining accurate records of all training.
- Maintaining and continually improving agreed standards of quality and ensuring the implementation of quality assurance procedures.
Ensures the accurate recording and reporting of KPI and OEE data on a daily basis.
- Experience of working within food manufacturing
- Ability to deliver cost savings to agreed targets
- Ability to monitor and record KPIs and OEE’s
- Good communication and verbal skills
- Knowledge of automated production systems.
Whats on offer:
- Salary up to £29K
- Rotating weekly pattern between days and nights
If you find this role of interest, please contact Leonna @ D R Newitt