Production Shift Leader / Team Leader
Production Shift Leader / Hitchin, Hertfordshire / Food Manufacturing FMCG
We are recruiting for a Production Shift Leader for a leading Food Manufacturer
Based in Hitchin the role is commutable from Stevenage, Luton, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Bletchley etc.
Reporting to the Shift Manager
Working within the Ingredients department duties will include developing an effective team, which operates to specified procedures. You would also be expected to ensure the safe use and operation of all facilities and equipment and continually assess work methods and devise and implement improvements.
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards, using available engineering and SHE resource where required.
- Ensure all safe systems of work, risk assessments and safe working practices are followed and weekly reviews conducted.
- Hands on approach working with the team.
- Run plant from Wincos operating system.
- Apply lean manufacturing principals.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the correct use of protective clothing and any other safety equipment.
- Responsible for effective hand over and communication between shifts.
- Monitoring and planning holiday leave and overtime cover to ensure the efficient and cost effective running of the plant.
- Identifying training needs and organising accordingly with as little disruption to daily operations as possible; recording and maintaining accurate records of all training.
- Maintaining and continually improving agreed standards of quality and ensuring the implementation of quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures the accurate recording and reporting of KPI and OEE data on a daily basis.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to lead a team and work within a team
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Awareness of continuous improvement and able to demonstrate experience of implementing this.
- Must be able to show good knowledge of using Microsoft Office and Outlook Email
- Experience of monitoring and recording key performance indicators Must be a good organiser
Hours: Rotating 8 hour shifts
Salary: Â£27,289.60 (basic +shift allowance) + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the â€œapplyâ€ button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This may be of interest to the following: Section Team Leader, Production Team Leader, Line Manager, Production Supervisor, Team Member, Key Operative, Drinks. Production Team Leader, Production Controller, Department Manager, Shift Manager, FMCG