Produce Technical Manager
Are you an experienced Technical Manager looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading food business, who has continued to grow as a brand year on year?
Do you have hands on experience of Produce ingredients, particularly Fruit and Vegetables?
Are you a passionate foodie who loves fresh food and high quality products?
- This role focuses on ensuring that all Produce ingredients & finished products are safe, legal and comply with the company standards, through establishing, maintaining, reviewing and continuously improving all systems, processes and standards required for food safety and due diligence.
- Responsible for maintaining a technical relationship with their food suppliers
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement in quality (complaints & total defects measure - KPIs)
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate processes are in place, to deliver effective manufacturing technical management to achieve quality standards and deliver long-term improvement plans
- Responsible for supporting unexpected changes within the supply chain e.g. Capacity crunches, factory relocations, crisis management
- Responsible for ensuring a thorough & current risk assessment in place with the appropriate HACCP & prerequisite program in place
- Responsible for the on-time and on-specification delivery of NPD in your area, working closely with the supplier, buyer and product developer
Key Skills Required
- Food science or Food technology qualification at degree level
- Relevant experience in food technical roles – preferably in retail or growing
- Knowledge of post-harvest technology and pesticides
- Empathy and passion for natural, fresh food, sustainability and the environment
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines without compromising standards
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
If you enjoy working in an amazing head office environment and for a company that provide excellent benefits, then this is the opportunity for you?