Junior Product Developer
Junior Product Developer
Co-op Food is changing. And it’s changing fast. We’ve made a massive investment in growing our Commercial Team and improving our customer offer, and now we need to recruit a talented Junior Product Developer to join us and help develop and deliver amazing own brand products. With an exceptional leadership team in place, and big plans for more growth in the future, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a Junior Product Developer at Co-op Food, you’ll have full responsibility for managing the development process for some of our smaller chilled categories. You’ll find no two days are the same, and that your skills are constantly tested and developed by working with a stakeholder group that includes some of the most senior leaders in our business.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver innovative own-brand products from concept through to launch
- Develop quality products using your strong understanding of product technicalities and composition
- Manage the development process- creating briefs, and running store audits and factory trials
- Work closely with the Co-op taste team and a range of external suppliers
To be successful as a Junior Product Developer, you’ll need experience or qualifications in relevant areas. But experience isn’t everything. Developing your career will be high on your list of priorities, and you won’t be afraid to take the initiative when required. Your energy, tenacity and creativity will help you add serious value as we look to develop our product ranges.
What you’ll bring:
- Some experience in food product development or a degree in a food related subject
- Great organisational skills, plus real confidence and creativity
- The ability to build relationships with and influence people at all levels
- A real passion for food and a desire to develop your skills and grow your career
We’re going back to being Co-op
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they’re stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that’s never been more important or relevant than it is today.
That’s why we’re going back to being Co-op. We want to change the world all over again, and we hope you’d like to join us on our journey. If you believe in our purpose, and you’re passionate about food and keen to build a career in product development, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.