Business Improvement Manager - 2 year secondment
A fantastic opportunity to make your mark.
Business Improvement Manager
Falkland Islands Meat Company
Enticing package including flights, relocation and 25% gratuity
The Falkland Islands Meat Company operate a modern EU approved abattoir/meat cutting and preparation facility near Stanley, the main settlement on the islands. The plant supplies the domestic market (slaughtering weekly small numbers of cattle, sheep and pigs, and cutting and preparing the meat for sale through local retailers and food service outlets) and the international market (through the large seasonal slaughter of sheep in the January to April period, the output from which is cut, boxed and frozen prior to shipping).
Following a strategic review of its activities, the company is looking to appoint a ‘Change Agent’ on a fixed term contract, to lead the implementation of the reviews findings to improve the plants operational efficiency and productivity.
The Falkland Islands Meat Company (FIMCo) is currently recruiting for a fantastic position to deliver real and immediate change into a business. They are looking for a Business Improvement Manager to work on all parts of the business. Although a strategic review has been undertaken there is real opportunity to bring about a number of initiatives that can deliver operational and financial improvements to FIMCo. The nature of the programmes will vary with a mixture of operational changes including implementing LEAN manufacturing, to enable a full cost recovery picture including analysing the profitability and viability of all the products. Setting up legacy training that delivers a culture change to enable the current staff carry on the journey of continuous improvement.
You will be passionate about change and take employees on the change journey, supporting them to adapt to new ways of working.
This role is a 2 year secondment and will require you to relocate to the Falklands.
The individual in question should have a sound understanding of all aspects of the operation of a slaughter, cutting and meat packing facility, and experience in leading teams involved in improving productivity and efficiency, particularly in improving the profitability of meat cutting operations. An understanding of, and experience working with LEAN principles of production would be an advantage. Experience of all the commercial aspects of meat businesses is also important to help improve decision making.
- Lead a substantial scale operational change management programme that delivers a more sustainable business
- Identify commercial and financial objectives for Board approval, to deliver strategic direction ensuring that all commercial opportunities are exploited to maximise profitability
- Identify existing and new commercial opportunities, determining the optimal pricing to balance profit with customer/client satisfaction, and directing commercial operations
- Optimise the operational structure, geographic supply and delivery and capability of the current management team to ensure that it delivers effectively against FIMCo commercial and financial objectives
- Responsible for building a positive brand reputation for the business
Key Experience/ Skills
Meat/ change management/cost reduction/communication skills
- Manufacturing change specialist – track record of leading and motivating individuals and teams through change projects in a commercial environment to tight deadlines
- Substantial knowledge and experience of the Meat and Livestock industry especially slaughtering and deboning
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including negotiation influencing and persuasion
- Experience of stakeholder management – able to coordinate a range of stakeholder needs and compile robust plans to ensure all parties’ needs are met
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Proven financial management capability
If you are an ambitious and career-driven individual then please apply by sending your updated CV and package details to email@example.com
This role is being offered on a 24 month contract either FTC or Day Rate via LTD/ Umbrella Company.
The Package is negotiable up to a UK equivalent of £100,000 per annum dependent on experience, however the client does need someone immediately available to start
Closing Date for receipt of applications 30th Sept 2017