Hayman Group is a long standing independent family company with a turnover of circa £34m. The business consists of two manufacturing divisions and circa 120 people covering the packing and distribution of alcohol to the pharmaceutical sector as well as bottling products such as Gin, Vodka and Whisky. The Hayman’s are also the only family of original English gin makers still distilling today. Across their businesses they work with small independents through to leading global organisations. Through their extensive experience and knowledge they have gained a reputation as experts in their industry. This enables them to ensure they deliver a personal service of the highest quality to all of their customers. With continued significant growth and investment we are now looking to recruit a Production Manager to join their senior team, based at their facility in Essex.
Key responsibilities include:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this newly created Production Manager role is a key leadership position, leading manufacturing operations across the site through two Area Managers to ensure business and customer requirements are met in a cost effective and efficient manner. You will coordinate and support operational activities and projects to maintain momentum on business critical items. As the business continues to grow you will support and coach the Area Managers with people and performance management as well as implementing the organisational structure changes and recruitment decisions to grow the talent pool of the operation.
- Support Area Managers to develop their area plan and prioritisation.
- Drive a Continuous Improvement culture and 5S. Establish measured KPI’s for each area and implement reporting structures from hourly performance boards, daily and weekly performance meetings and monthly /quarterly reporting. Challenge the status quo and drive costs out of operations area by implementing changes with and through the Area Managers and their teams.
- Support Area Managers to resolve Customer Complaints and reach root causes and implement resolutions. Develop a Quality Assurance culture and adherence to BRC.
- Use the output of the S&OP process to manage the Operations response to changes in forecasts. Work with others to assess opportunities for improvement. Own the long term capacity plan - assess. Capacity vs requirements. Short term capacity fix implementation.
- Own operations budget and Capex justification and plans.
- You will be passionate about improving manufacturing operations and be able to cope with and be excited by the challenges growing and changing businesses provides.
- The successful candidate will have proven production management experience within world class FMCG industries such as food & drink, packaging or chemicals.
- Your ability to coach and develop the team below you is essential.
- You will have formal training in Continuous Improvement tools and be experienced in implementing a C.I culture using LEAN tools such as 5s, Kanban etc.
- As a senior manager in a single site family-owned business experiencing rapid growth this is a broader role than in most companies and a real opportunity to lead a key part in the future of Hayman Group as well as develop you and progress your career. Equally, there is a deep rooted belief in creating world class facilities, investing behind technology, products and people that make this the right time to join.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV by clicking the apply button below. The closing date for this vacancy is 1st October 2017.
All direct and third party applications will be passed to Hayman Group’s retained consultancy Kaizen Talent Solutions.
Apply for Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly