Reporting to the Factory Manager, an opportunity has become available for a Production Manager to join this food manufacturer who supply to the major retailers and the airline industry.
Your main purpose will be to lead and develop High Care Operations, in the achievement of world class manufacturing through team development, driving site targets, meeting customer demands and adherence to Company standards, policies and procedures, labour and waste management.
- To ensure all operations and activities within their remit of control are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with site Health & Safety policy and in accordance with the site Quality Policy
- Lead, manage and motivate the site teams, coaching and encouraging people to achieve results that meet targets and objectives (e.g. Right first time)
- Review, challenge and guide as appropriate the daily/weekly plan for the site with the planner to achieve service levels, hit labour targets, waste target, and optimise machine performance.
- Review site performance during the shift; ensure effective communications happens between the Teams, Team Leaders and Floor Managers to respond effectively and timely.
- Motivate coach and develop Team Leaders and Floor Managers by regularly reviewing performance, giving feedback, setting individual objectives and supporting performance.
- Represent High Care operations during site meetings, reporting accurate information, co-operating to resolve problems and driving continuous improvement (including NPD, Technical, Warehouse, Kitchen, Despatch and Engineering)
- Take appropriate actions to ensure training matrix is maintained, to address shortfall in numbers and /or skills, including developing new job roles if needed, involvement in the recruitment and selection of new staff and managers
- Analyse, review weekly KPI report and develop action plans for team and self to address negative KPI variances and continuously improve performance.
- Ensure all non conformances are verified with root cause analysis within the agreed time scale
- Ensure products are packed as per customer requirements and specifications.
- Change management - driving major changes to deliver improved performance, mentoring site teams and championing learning and development
- To liaise with all other areas of the business in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the high care area.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information. 01233 223 712 / email@example.com
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.