Production Planner / Supervisor
Reporting to the Production Manager, an opportunity has become available for a Production Planner / Supervisor to join this food manufacturer who supply to the major retailers and the airline industry.
Your main purpose will be to lead and develop High Care Operations, in the achievement of world class manufacturing through team development, driving site targets, meeting customer demands and adherence to Company standards, policies and procedures, labour and waste management.
- To ensure all operations and activities within their remit of control are conducted in a Safe manner and in accordance with site Health & Safety policy and in accordance with the site Quality Policy
- Lead, manage and motivate the site teams, coaching and encouraging people to achieve results that meet targets and objectives (e.g. Right first time)
- Responsible for the entire planning function and data collection/stock and entry relating to efficiency measurement for the site with direct focus on both daily and strategic matters (in the absence of site planner)
- Challenge forecasts to ensure high forecasting accuracy and develop monitoring mechanisms to enable review and improvement of demand forecast accuracy (in the absence of site planner)
- Responsible for ensuring all the planning matrix’s/tools used on site are updated and accurate in line with new launches and De-lists (in the absence of site planner)
- Liaise with the buying team to ensure required raw /packaging materials are in stock (in the absence of site planner)
- Manage the production plan to reflect customers delivery schedule is met (in the absence of site planner)
- Ensure proper stock rotation of all product (cooked, chilled – work in progress, frozen and ambient) and packaging materials to minimize the wastage.
- Review and challenge the daily/weekly plan for the site with the Production Manager to hit the labour targets.
- Motivate coach and develop Team Leaders and Team Members by regularly reviewing performance, giving feedback, setting individual objectives and supporting performance.
- To ensure staff is trained and allocated as per the job function and training matrix is updated accordingly,
- Prepare and organise the site for internal and external audits and customers visits effectively promoting the site, building confidence and long term relationships
- Ensure all non conformances are completed with root cause identified and acted upon within the agreed time scale.
- Keep the Production Manager abreast of any operational problems.
- Maintain and update daily production paperwork (including QA paperwork) and weekly production paperwork.
- Ensure that work is carried out and recorded as per company policies and procedures in a hygienic manner.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information. 01233 223 712 / email@example.com
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.