The Process Engineer will be working 4on/4off shifts. To have overall responsibility for maintaining efficient operation of the process equipment.To ensure that other than planned downtime the processing plant is available and running at optimum levels at all times. To be proactive in meeting site requirements by reducing process waste and minimising utility usage in the process area. Ensure that the product that we produce is of the highest standard.
The Food Manufacturer are a family-owned company based in South West England is part of a wider organisation with a turnover of 2 billion Euros. It is a leading European fruit transformation and chilled dairy producer manufacturing the internationally famous brands, as well as many private label products. They have production facilities across Europe and beyond including the USA, China, and New Zealand.
The company believes in people above anything else. Its success has come from empowering hands-on, pragmatic individuals within a dynamic, solution-seeking and market-share winning organisation. Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and consumer satisfaction is paramount. If you are willing to invest in the company the company will invest in you.
The work environment is fast, varied and "politic" free. Communication is uncomplicated and direct relying on the trust built through professional expertise and a real team player attitude.
There is pride within the organisation to be the manufacturer of simple, high quality food offering great value to the consumer. In short, an "international good food maker".
The Food Manufacturer is a major supplier of ambient fruit-based and chilled yogurts and desserts, dealing directly with all major retailers and sectors within the UK. They acquired a dairy site (180 people) and heavily invested in new, state-of-the-art, chilled desserts product lines, unique on the market.
The company has experienced rapid growth, doubling the size of the business in the last 4 years.
Due to escalating energy and utilities costs the role maintains the site utilities services to proactively drive improvement and cost savings whilst maintaining the ability to meet varying and increasing demands from production. The job holder will ensure compliance with Environmental Agency Consent Limits and Retained Consultant Requests whilst running the site Effluent Plant in the most efficient way possible.
They will support site engineering teams in monitoring Utility utilisation so as to identify potential savings and advise on the efficient use of utilities and effluent and ensure that the site utilities services comply with legislative and Company ethical standards in terms of safety, food hygiene and staff management.
Process Engineer will need to:
- Attend Plant & Process breakdowns efficiently and provide effective measures to ensure issues are resolved
- Use continuous improvement techniques and best practice to improve machine efficiency's.
- Deliver and develop effective re-active maintenance, repairs & improvements
- Generate and complete work orders on the Infor system.
- Help develop and implement effective PM schedules
- Undertake maintenance tasks.
- Ensure all relevant work records are completed
- Work with departmental leaders and others to ensure breakdown and repair work is completed in a manner that minimises downtime and does not compromise product quality or safety
- Work with departmental leaders and other staff to improve the reliability and effectiveness of the factory machinery.
- Ensure effective handover of work and communications between shifts. Completing handover so the oncoming shift knows in detail the issues on their shift and what work is left for the oncoming engineers.
- Take a lead role in emergency situation.
- Take a pride in working areas keep clean and tidy.
- Support and achieve the engineering KPI's
Process Engineer based in the South West will need the following skills and attributes:
- Multi-skilled engineer, fully qualified Engineer to minimum of city and guilds level ideally HNC or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a FMCG environment
- Experience of maintaining automated process plant equipment
- Excellent fault finding and route cause analysis skills
- Experience of working in a FMCG environment
- Some supervisory experience would be beneficial
- Comfortable in autonomous decision making and team working
- Understanding of food safety (HACCP).
- Other on job training required eg confined spaces, access platforms, grinding wheels, fire awareness, HACCP.
- Understanding of Health & Safety and legislation requirements.
- Hands on experience of fault finding.