Technical Services Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Services Manager to join our team in Leeds. You will be responsible for managing the technical services function, quality systems, procedures and policies ensuring finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements.
Working Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00 with 1 hour for lunch. We are offering a competitive package which includes a contributory pension, share saver option (after 12 months service), 25 days holiday per year and free on-site parking.
This is a great role for someone to join us and develop their skills and really make a difference on site.
Some of the main responsibilities of the role are below, but because this is a small site, the successful candidate will also be involved in a number of other activities.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are updated and managed to demonstrate alignment with Group best practice and legal/customer compliance
- Directing the team to construct and deliver KPI reports and analysis, undertaking the management of results and trends, instigating required investigations in order to support the resolution of our of spec results
- Leading the deployment and use of the quality management system, procedures and policies, to document and govern the operational processes
- Developing and implementing the internal audit system to ensure that delivery in alignment with legal and customer requirements
- Liaising with Raw Materials Manager and Process Development Team to resolve raw materials issues and validate safety parameters to deliver legal compliance
- Acting as customer liaison point for key technical reviews related to the quality management system
- Ensuring a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE policy
We need someone with a degree (or of degree calibre), with relevant Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiological qualification.
The ideal candidate will be Level 3 HACCP certified, with basic allergen awareness / practical knowledge of the management of allergens.
You must be able to demonstrate experience at technologist level working with a retailer, expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice and be competent in the use of customer technical databases. In addition, we need you to have experience of maintaining a Quality Management System.
We need you to be able to demonstrate experience of maintaining an internal audit program and having previous experience of heading up a BRC Audit on a site would be advantageous. And if you can demonstrate expertise in applying food legislation to manufacturing products, that's even better!
- Level 2 Health & Safety
- Yellow Belt or Green Belt qualified
- Advanced Food Hygiene level 4 or equivalent.
- Sensor Training Level 2.
- Microbiological Training Level 3.
- Demonstrates experience of technical strategy implementation.
- Demonstrates experience of using Root Cause Analysis techniques for problem solving.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life results.
About the company
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn't stop at being the world's largest sandwich produce, we're looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.
Greencore Grocery Leeds is the UK's largest Own Brand supplier of frozen Toad in the Hole and Yorkshire Puddings. We supply major grocery retail multiples, food service, major frozen food manufacturers, wholesales, multiple caterers and high street chains and pub companies.