Product Quality Manager
Are you looking to work for a company with a professional yet friendly outlook?
Do you fancy working in a modern, state of the art facility?
My client is a well-established Meat Manufacturer. A combination of tradition and innovation has helped to secure this company's place as a market leader in the area they specialise. An exciting opportunity arises to join the team...
- To oversee the day to day primal and Q.C. department ensuring primals are inspected against Food Connected specifications online.
- To ensure the recording of and reporting back to sites any issues found with primals, and ensure all charges are processed accordingly to prevent losses on primals and VL’s
- To follow up with supply sites regarding quality/primal issues of new and existing primals after agreed correction dates to ensure spec adhesion.
- To ensure production trials are carried out correctly and all data captured, recorded & fed back to the relevant depts.
- Ensure yield & giveaway targets set are achievable and sustainable when agreed in master data
- Generate new primal specification and box numbers/tares for suppliers to supply the business
- Ensure all process issues are checked and highlighted to line staff & management team.
- Manage KPI queries and completed monthly KPI/issue to supply base.
- To monitor and report back to the management team any depot rejection returns and the issues with rejections.
- To give advice on Butchery development at the company and supply sites to improve yield and to develop lines
- To assist butchery and other training sessions the team may have.
- To supervise staff on day to day basis ensuring they are carrying out duties correctly and safely whilst observing company rules.
You will have the necessary meat/butchery knowledge to manage cuts correctly adhering to relevant legislation and processes/packaging. You will have a strong array of suppliers to manage. To be suitable for this role you must have had experience working for a meat manufacturer coupled with a stand up attitude.
SUN-THU either 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.