To generate accurate, up to date comprehensive finished product specifications and related documents for customers using the required compliant formats. This role is key in the delivery of accurate and consistent data required for artwork, customer specifications, product safety documents and the Ferndale Foods quality management system
- Completion of customer finished product specifications in appropriate format to the set deadline. Customers include food service, as well as major retailer’s Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Morrison’s, Co-op, Asda and Waitrose.
- Completion of artwork process (from pack copy generation to packaging checks)
- Completion of supporting documentation, where required, for customer specifications e.g. SAQs, Sainsbury’s product safety approvals, etc.
- Complete understanding of the customer COP relevant to completion of customer specifications, in particular, labelling codes of practice.
- Works effectively within the technical team and in association with other departments ensuring that the flow of information is maintained to be transparent and communicated as required.
- Provide technical support to other colleagues as required in relevant administration functions e.g. sample submission forms, QCP documents QAS, QMS, data inputting.
- Internal auditing
- Completion and updating of product specifications (including pack copy) as required and as approved by the customer
- Artwork and new packaging checking
- Generation of product safety information documentation for approved products
- Review of technical data e.g. nutritional analysis, shelf-life
- Management of the specification information database
- Assisting in database completion for new product development lines
- Trending and tracking information for technical KPIs
- Internal auditing of systems
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Accurate Data input capabilities with an eye for detail
- 5 Years food industry experience including 3 years recent experience completing finished product specifications
- Training in one or more of the major retailer specifications systems
- Experience of completing Sainsbury’s product safety documentation
- Understanding of raw materials
- Ability to work to tight deadlines that may lead to be working outside normal shift pattern
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills
- Key skills required include numeracy, literacy, communication and computer skills