As part of the busy Technical Assurance team you will be providing technical information for our products right through from conception to launch!
We pride ourselves on the focus we place on ongoing training – you are never on your own!
You will collate the information to write and approve finished product specifications for bakery goods across the entire range made by Allied Bakeries. You will use Hamilton Grant as well as retailer web based specifications systems such as JS Evolve, Asda Hive, Co-op Core and Tesco TTL.
The NPD/EPD programme here at Allied Bakeries is always exciting and fast-moving. Our Specifications Technologists work closely with the NPD team, investigating recipes and raw materials to ensure the new products will meet claims and adhere to brand policies. So you will be providing advice to colleagues on the technical aspects of new recipes.
You will be responsible for the technical approval of packaging by checking artwork against your specifications and ensuring the labels meet legal requirements and the individual customer style.
- Timely completion and approval of final product specifications to satisfy customer requirements.
- In-depth understanding of the requirements of individual retailer web-based specifications systems.
- Using Hamilton Grant Recipe Management System, calculation of nutrition and ingredient declarations as well as supporting NPD projects through recipe manipulation and calculations.
- Review finished product nutrition and claim verification analysed data to verify on pack information.
- Upload Back of Pack documents onto internal on-line packaging approval system.
- Conduct checks of new packaging to ensure accuracy and compliance against Pack Copy, Codes of Practice and Labelling Legislation.
- Support Account Technical Managers with provision of technical and process information.
- Provision of product technical approval information for site external audits and ad hoc enquiries from customers and consumers.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree / equivalent in Food Science or related discipline is preferred.
- Knowledge of Hamilton Grant or other recipe/specification management system is desirable.
- Previous experience in completing major retailer specifications would be an advantage.
- Good numeracy skills and an individual who is competent in the manipulation of technical data is required.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy and attention to detail is crucial.