Inventory Planning Manager
Inventory Planning Manager
Are you a Planning Manager or Inventory Planning Manager used to working in a fast-paced manufacturing facility? Are you a good manager with planning, systems and numeracy skills? If so, read on..
Location: North West/Lancashire/Merseyside
Salary: c£37k, with excellent benefits
- Do you have a proven track record as an Inventory Planning Manager, in a manufacturing environment?
- Are you numerate with a good working knowledge of IT systems and spreadsheets?
- Can you understand the business needs of a fast-paced food factory and incorporate that into your decision making criteria?
- Have you experience of supply or demand planning and experience of inventory management, ideally knowledge of standard principles?
If you can answer “yes” to the above questions, please read on..
The Inventory Planning Manager has overall responsibility for the working capital, inventory strategy and stock availability for a select group of products. Working collaboratively with key business functions, you should pro-actively review the long term business plan and ensure that we have the Supply plan in place to achieve the business commitments.
You will have autonomy to make decisions regarding the management and strategy of inventory holding and will be responsible for forecasting the inventory (working capital) and reporting variations. It is expected that you will be a driver for change and fully engage in optimization projects, specifically the design and implementation of Demand Driven Planning. Working in a fast-paced, high volume environment so strong team management and an ability to respond and prioritise under pressure is key to success. Product life-cycle management is also a key part of the role.
Success in role will be measured in 5 key areas –
- Stock availability
- Working capital control
- CI culture
- Product life-cycle management
- Inventory turns
You will be required to lead and participate in end-to-end Supply Chain projects ensuring that through best practice project management tools –
- The projects have brand and strategic alignment
- The projects are appropriately resourced
- Benefits are quantified in advance, tracked and realized
- Post implementation reviews are completed and shared
- Deliver a robust inventory management policy that is designed to achieve business targets using standard inventory principles ensuring stakeholders are engaged and educated.
- Proactive identification of initiatives to optimize inventory holding, onwards ensuring that initiatives are tracked and the expected benefit is delivered
- Working Capital. Deliver accurate long range working capital forecasts, taking account of inventory policies, demand plans and business strategy, ensuring adherence to working capital targets on periodic basis andreporting on variances to target including any proactive actions taken to minimize issues
- Product life-cycle managementActive involvement in the Gate process (NPD, evolution, renovation, discontinuation) and associated projects representing Supply Chain.Responsible for ensuring that all supply considerations are voiced flagging risk and taking the lead to minimize cost exposure.
- S&OP.Long term review (3 – 18 month) translating the strategic demand plan into supply actions and capacity plans.Working collaboratively with in-house production, suppliers and procurement to ensure that demand requirements are understood and plans are in place to execute the plan. Ensure engagement of key stakeholders to manage any issues that could impact the ability to support the demand plan.
- Long term capacity planning, working closely with in-house production, suppliers and procurement to ensure that the demand requirements are understood and plans are in place to support execution of the supply plan.
- My client is an expanding, market-leading food manufacturer.
- There is scope for growth, both in the role and in the company, so this is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded professional in the manufacturing sector.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/2893 to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463 or mobile 07792 466140.
Apply for Inventory Planning Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly