Senior National Account Manager
Eden Scott’s client is a leading European chilled food processing business supplying branded and own label products to the UK retailers, food service and select overseas markets. A business built on innovation and longstanding relationships; we are looking to recruit a Senior National Account Manager (SNAM / NAM) to the team.
Reporting to the Head of UK Sales you will be responsible for managing a designated number of high profile accounts for which you will have full P&L accountability. You will work cross functionally within the business and develop and maintain strong Customer relationships.
- Deliver the full P&L for your accounts.
- Play a key role in achieving and succeeding against the overall business sales targets.
- Prepare Budgets and Product Costings in line with Business Strategy.
- Manage your accounts, promotion and activity plans in order to deliver sales and profit targets.
- Originate Customer Joint Business Plans (JBPs) which deliver sales and profit growth for both the business and customer.
- Understand customer’s strategy and vision so that their needs can be anticipated and new business opportunities can be identified.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for the given product portfolio through new channels or penetrating new markets.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing and the Category / Customer Marketing Managers to be equipped with an up to date understanding of the market.
- Conduct weekly store visits to understand your customers range and competitors’ activity.
- Manage NPD projects in line with internal NPD processes.
- Liaise closely with internal Supply Chain and Production Planners to deliver customers service level targets and minimise product and packaging waste.
- Ensure all Admin and accuracy of data exchange with the Finance team to eliminate invoicing errors.
- Completion of Internal and EPOS sales reports as required.
- Degree Qualified (Essential)
- Previous Account Management experience to a high level, in an FMCG company, in one of the Top 4 Supermarkets, ideally Tesco, M&S or Sainsbury’s.
- Experience preferable gained within Chilled Foods.
- Experience of working with branded and own label products.
- Evidence of driving NPD & Innovation
- To be proactive at developing new opportunities, through quick and effective relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
- To be a strong and highly motivated team focused individual with a strong team ethic communicating and liaising successfully across departments, whilst delivering individual work to a high standard.
- Well organised and a good timekeeper.
- Highly numerate, analytical and commercial.
- Have excellent negotiation and sales closing skills.
- Ability to work productively under pressure.
We are considering candidates that will be able to grow into the role as well as those that have already held similar positions within the UK food manufacturing sector.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117 or 07949 304 727
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.