Food Safety Quality Systems Manager
Food Safety Quality Systems Manager
Job location: Bathgate, Scotland
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
At Cargill, we strive to be the best choice in animal nutrition solutions. Cargill is a leading supplier of salmon feed, distributed under the EWOS brand. With a strong focus on research and innovation, we provide the scientifically validated feed products our customers need to support all stages of salmon production. Our continual drive to develop the most sustainable, most innovative products in the industry is matched by our long track record of helping salmon producers succeed.
Primary responsibility of this role is to control the existing operational quality systems (including amongst others ISO 22000, UFAS) and procedures which contribute to company compliance with legal, internal, and third party food/feed safety requirements with oversight from the Technical Manager. Actively monitors and responds to changes in food / food safety related quality systems and legislation. With overview from the line manager, and in cooperation with relevant operational personnel, responsible for implementing any new food / feed safety-related standards, and food safety-related quality systems and procedures according to legal, corporate and market requirements.
- Liaising with quality certifiers
- Create, review and mainten quality system manuals and standard operating procedures in alignment with relevant standards
- Lead the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) team and maintaining the HACCP plan
- Develop and implement systems for routine internal and external reporting
- Generation of routine quality reports
- Promotes the development of food safety-quality mentality/culture. Monitor plant operations for compliance to behavioural standards related to food/feed safety and quality.
- Inspect plant operations environment and equipment to ensure compliance with quality and food/feed safety standards
- Contribute to multi-functional teams
- Identify and implement improvements to quality working systems,
- Develops new and/or uses established quality systems and procedures for routine collection and collation of any required quality performance data and documentation with overview from the line manager
- Implement and maintain systems of internal auditing
- Conducts internal auditing to ensure compliance to government, 3rd party, customer and internal standards
- Hosts and facilitates audits by 3rd parties
- HND in food science, food studies or food technology or similar experience. Further education with a science/food technology related qualification. A Degree in a Science based subject (including Food Technology, Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology ) is preferred.
- Formal qualification in auditing is preferred but not essential
- Practical experience of operating quality systems including ISO22000 and PAS 222, in a food or feed manufacturing environment
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and cross-functional team
- Fast learning and self-development: curiosity to learn
- Willingness to take responsibility, accountability and initiative
- Able to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines
- Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world’s leading companies.