£18,500 + Benefits
Would you like to work for an exciting, fast-growing global company? We successfully operate in 44 countries around the world, to both grocery and specialist retailers with key focus on Europe, USA, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our aim is to grow the company from its current turnover of almost $100m to $200m within the next five years and to achieve our goal we need to build our technical team and ensure we are always delivering top quality products to our customers.
You would report directly to the Technical Manager and you’ll be working alongside the Direct
Consumer Services department helping deal with pet owners nutritional concern and manufacturing
We are looking for an enthusiastic food Quality Assistant who prides themselves by professionally
dealing with their quality or technical queries. This person will have the opportunity to develop and
improve quality control documentation which you will maintain.
1. Ensure that each product has a ‘Control data sheet’
2. Monitor that our quality control testing partners has the up to date ‘quality control data sheets’.
3. Send off ten products per month to external laboratory for ‘certificate of analysis’. And maintain
a spreadsheet of external testing results
4. To issue non-conformity report to suppliers when required and to follow up on remediate
5. Check the ‘certificate of analysis’ v specification forms and report any variances to the technical
manager. Forward copies of the ‘certificate of analysis’ to suppliers.
6. Monitor and update the ‘Nutrient Specification’ spreadsheets monthly.
7. Check the results of external QC laboratories.
8. Have a complete understanding of all the common technical and nutritional consumer/ trade
customers questions and answers. And add new responses to the & sheet where necessary
9. Respond to quality questions forwarded by customer services /marketing in a timely manner
10. Additional internal testing of products against product speciation to ensure they meet
organoleptic quality standards.
- Experience in quality systems or a quality role is desirable. Or having a passion for ensuring the
quality of a product is right and answering customer queries on our products to identify and
eliminate any issues.
- The ideal candidate may have some nutritional training and an affinity with cats and dogs and their
- The person will need to be a team player and who is able to deal with the challenges in what can be
at times a high-pressure environment.
- Smart, dynamic thinker with a degree in nutrition, Food science or related field (desirable)
- Minimum 2 years FMCG experience with pet food experience a bonus
- good communication skills, written and oral
- Proven hands on data analysis skills
- Proven capability with technology and systems
- Competitive basic salary to suit your experience and qualifications
- Free car parking
- 25 days’ holiday per year.
- A fantastic entrepreneurial work environment.
- Discounted Pet Food
- onsite gym
- Onsite cafe
- Regular after-work activities and team events
- The office 100% dog friendly, so dog owners are more than welcome to bring their dog to work.