Maintenance Engineer Electrical or Mechanical bias
Maintenance Engineer - Electrical or Mechanical bias
Food Manufacturing, Newport
Do you have the Essential Ingredients?
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Our Newport site based in Rogerstone is one of the largest and most advanced food manufacturing facilities in Europe, with over 1400 employees (turnover £140 Million per year) this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to become part of the Engineering team of this highly successful site.
The technology within the factory enables production of restaurant quality food for the consumer market, predominantly for M&S. For those in the know, these are the highest standards in food retail production.
About the Role:
Working as part of a team you will be responsible for:
- Reactive / Breakdown maintenance, Monitoring downtime & Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM). This is a fast paced and high pressure site that will test your ability to adapt in an ever changing environment. You will need to think on your feet as you quickly diagnose, repair and minimise plant downtime.
- Carry out and record corrective maintenance on plant machinery and services quickly and efficiently so as to cause the least amount of machinery downtime.
- Carry out and record planned maintenance on plant machinery and services as scheduled by the Engineering Department
- To ensure good communication with other Engineering Shifts and Production Supervisors of past and present breakdowns / malfunctions
- Inform the Engineering Supervisor or Manager of any production downtime
- To ensure fault logs are kept up to date and any outstanding faults are handed over to the next shift.
- Electrical Engineer/ Mechanical Engineer qualified to O.N.C standard or equivalent experience.
- A sound technical background with the ability to manage tasks using a lateral, methodical approach, matched by a demonstrable flair for fault-finding and rectification.
- Ideally have post apprenticeship experience within a factory engineering environment and a proven track record.
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Engineering Supervisor, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Electrician, Electrical, Mechanical, Manager, FMCG, Food Manufacturing, Drinks Manufacturer, Production, Newport, Rogerstone, Cardiff, South Wales, Abergavenny.