Quality Assurance Manager
Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Package: £37,000 + benefits
Sector: Fresh produce
Shift: Sunday – Thursday
The role of the Quality Assurance Manager is to provide day to day support to a large quality team, providing training, development and technical expertise, while having overall responsibility for the sites quality management system, legal and customer compliance.
This is a leading family business, supplying in to UK retailers and food service companies across the country. They grow, import and provide fresh produce, of many varieties, as well as a specialist of seasonal produce. With partnerships across the country, they are able to offer the highest quality products all year round, while also assisting in continuous improvements to invest in the farming, production, and most importantly, the people.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be based in the companies Warwickshire site, reporting in to the Senior QA Manager, and responsible for a team of 30+ operatives. For this reason, someone with a proven background and passion for the food industry is crucial, along with experience managing a large team to ensure they create and maintain a happy and efficient working environment.
- Manage the QMS and GMP
- Maintain and improve BRC, HACCP AND hygiene standards
- Implement positive release systems within the pack house
- Ensure all products meet required specification
- Report and action any non-compliant products
- Maintain and in-depth knowledge of required legislation, ensuring the business operational standards to up to date
- Monitor all development requirements of the quality team
- Support the Technical Manager across the business, assisting in reducing any quality issues
Experience & Qualifications:
- Preferably educated to degree level in food science, or an agricultural subject
- Proven background in a quality position within food manufacturing
- Fresh produce experience advantageous
- Ability to show strong team management and development skills
- Experience with quality management systems
If you are interested in learning more about this position please contact Chris on 0161 833 0181 or email Chris.Hine@DRNewitt.com