Night Shift Manager
This leading FMCG manufacturing business have invested heavily in process improvement and delivering excellent product quality. As they continue to strive for operational excellence, you have the chance to really impact their Northamptonshire based site as the Night Shift Manager.
This business have an excellent market reputation and want to ensure they maintain that as they continue to grow. As the Night Shift Manager you will be ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery targets are met.
As the Night Shift Manager you will be working very closely with the senior management team and leading a production team in delivering daily targets & driving continuous improvement initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively and efficiently manage production daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations
- Minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
- Update the production plan on a daily basis
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set objectives/KPIs within area of responsibility and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them
THIS A MONDAY - FRIDAY ROLE ON A 22:00 - 06:00 SHIFT
A Production/Shift Manager with experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment (ideally food, beverage or packaging). The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Extensive production experience with significant proven supervisory experience
- Excellent leadership, people- management and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Proven problem solving skills
Circa £40,000 - £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits