Assistant Maintenance Operations Manager
Assistant Maintenance Operations Manager
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. By combining global market knowledge and experience with local market understanding and insight, Cargill’s European poultry business is committed to expanding its business and markets through innovation, and by creating real customer and consumer value in its products and services.
This position provides the opportunity to be involved in the maintenance of equipment at our feed mill ensuring optimal equipment condition through effective execution of routine maintenance schedules and timely response to equipment breakdowns. The position holder will ensure the team and equipment operate in a safe working environment.
The position provides a development opportunity to supervise a team of skilled engineers in a 24/7 operation in one of the UK’s largest feed mills, feeding 12 million birds. The position holder will also have exposure to a large CAPEX refurbishment project for the feed mill.
- Ensure conformance to corporate and legal standards of Environmental, Health & Safety and engineering at the feed mill
- Co-ordination of all engineering tasks through the engineering team leader
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) review and compliance
- Control of third party contractors enforcing high standards of safety
- The development and review of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Supporting the reliability engineering function through Continuous Improvement (CI) techniques and principles
- Assist and develop Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques and processes
- Support the CI team in projects, e.g. 5S, 5Why’s, maintenance planning and scheduling
- Support the feed mill engineering stores
- Management of the engineering team including; time and attendance, welfare, performance reviews and coaching, the disciplinary process and absence management
- Management of colleagues in accordance to Cargill’s European poultry businesses policies, principles and best practice
- A minimum of a HNC/ HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline, a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline would be preferred
- A proven track record of managing safety, a formal industry recognised safety qualification is preferred (IOSH/ NEBOSH)
- Experience of supervising engineering teams
- Proven experience within a food manufacturing environment and or a feed mill would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Knowledge and understanding of budgeting and cost control
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across all levels of an organisation and to work in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) 2015 regulations and Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998 regulations
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world’s leading companies.